Gold Savings Passbook Account
An investment account that lets you make deposits and withdrawals in gold based on daily gold prices at any Maybank branchMinimum deposit:
Minimum 5gms in multiples of 1gm
- Convenience of deposit, withdrawal and closing of GSPA account at any Maybank branch in Malaysia
- Introduced by the country's largest bank, 100% backed by physical gold and in collaboration with the World Gold Council
- Cheaper as gold prices quoted are pegged to international gold prices without additional charges
- Ability to build a personal gold portfolio by purchasing gold in small amounts (minimum 5gms) regularly over a period of time
- Opportunity for capital gain if the price of gold appreciates
- Possible hedge against inflation
- Easy access to account details and transaction history via Maybank2u.com for GSPA individual / joint account holders with Maybank2u.com access.
Who can apply
- Joint account – maximum 4 persons
How it worksThe Gold Savings Passbook Account (GSPA) is an account that lets you invest in gold in a convenient, more secure and cheaper way. You can purchase gold in 999.9 fineness at all Maybank branches at daily quoted gold prices for 1gm in Malaysian Ringgit. All transactions will be recorded in your GSPA passbook.
Whenever you need to, you may conveniently withdraw from the GSPA to be exchanged with cash. The amount of gold holdings can be converted to Ringgit Malaysia (RM) equivalent at the prevailing market (gold) price.